What is plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that changes the human body. Plastic surgery can be split into two main categories:
Reconstructive plastic surgery. This is done when a patient needs to reconstruct body parts damaged by an accident, illness, or birth defect. Reconstructive surgery can improve how a body part functions or how it looks.
Cosmetic plastic surgery. This is done when a patient just wants to change how they look, and not necessarily the function of any body parts.
The different types of plastic surgery procedures available in Turkey
Many different types of plastic surgery procedures are available in Turkey. Some of the most common procedures include:
- Liposuction: This procedure removes excess fat from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
- Breast augmentation: This procedure involves the use of implants to increase the size and fullness of the breasts.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as an abdominoplasty, this procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall.
- Rhinoplasty: This procedure reshapes the nose, either for cosmetic reasons or to improve breathing.
- Facelift: This procedure tightens the skin and muscles of the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Blepharoplasty: This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids to improve the appearance of the eyes.
- Buttock augmentation: This procedure involves the use of implants or fat transfer to increase the size and shape of the buttocks.
- Breast reduction: This procedure removes excess skin, fat, and tissue from the breasts to reduce their size and improve their shape.
It’s important to keep in mind that plastic surgery is a major decision that should not be taken lightly. It’s important to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs and goals.
What are some general signs that plastic surgery might be needed?
The need for plastic surgery can vary from person to person. However, there are some general signs that a procedure might be necessary:
- correcting cosmetic defects caused by the natural aging process
- hourglass body contouring surgery
- removing excess fat
- enlarging or reducing certain parts of the body
- improving the function or appearance of body parts damaged by disease or trauma.
- If you have any medical issues, it’s best to consult with a doctor to see if plastic surgery is the right option for you.
What is preoperative preparation for plastic surgery?
Preoperative preparation for plastic surgery includes several steps:
- Arriving at the chosen plastic surgery clinic.
- Seeing a doctor who will perform the procedure.
- Undergoing some medical tests (blood and urine analysis, plus some specific tests depending on the type of plastic surgery being performed).
- If you don’t have any contraindications Is it worth going to Turkey for plastic surgery? the doctor will likely book your operation for the day after your visit.
How long does the recovery period usually last?
The length of the recovery period varies depending on the type of plastic surgery performed but usually ranges from 2-3 weeks before you’re able to go back to work and your regular daily routine. For some surgeries, it can take up to a year to see the final results regarding swelling and scars.
What are the possible side effects of plastic surgery?
While Plastic surgery in Turkey is generally safe, there are some risks and potential side effects you should be aware of. These can include:
- Hematomas – this is a common complication that can occur after any surgery, not just plastic surgery. Hematomas happen in about 1% of patients after breast augmentation or facelift.
- Swelling – most patients will experience swelling after surgery. It usually disappears within a few weeks, but in some cases, it may last for a couple of months.
- Blood loss – this is a rare complication that can occur during or after surgery. If you experience any weakness after surgery, be sure to tell your doctor.
- Infection – this side effect occurs in about 1-2.5% of cases. If you develop an infection post-surgery, antibiotics may be prescribed.
- Nerve damage – patients often experience numbness in the area where the surgery was performed. In most cases, this is temporary and sensitivity will recover over time.
- Scarring – while scarring is rare, it can occur in some cases. If it does, it often fades over time or becomes almost invisible.
- Thrombosis – this complication can occur in approximately 0.09% of all plastic surgeries, but it’s a severe complication and can be life-threatening in some cases.
Why Turkey is the Ideal Destination for Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction is a clinical surgery usually performed when medically necessary. It’s a challenging decision that significantly impacts one’s quality of life and self-esteem. Therefore, it must be conducted by skilled surgeons. In this regard, Turkey emerges as a place where you can find the best surgeons at the most competitive prices. When you decide to have a breast reduction in Turkey, don’t worry because you’ll be in safe hands.
Does insurance cover plastic surgery?
Insurance companies generally don’t cover the cost of cosmetic procedures. However, if a patient needs reconstructive surgery to correct appearance defects caused by disease or trauma, their insurance may cover the cost of the operation.